2018 DN North American Championship
Hosted by the Eastern Lakes Region
TWO WAYS TO REGISTER
2. Through the mail. Click here to download and print a registration form.
CLICK HERE TO SEE NOTICE OF RACE
Click here to download Notice of Race in a pdf file
Notice of Race
International DN Ice Yacht Racing Association 2018 North American Championship Regatta
January 21 – January 27, 2018 The Eastern Region and Regatta Co-Chairman Chad Atkins (US 4487) and John Curtis (KC 5514), on be-half of the IDNIYRA, hereby invites all DN iceboaters to the 2018 North American Championship Regatta.
- All races will be governed by the Racing Rules of the National Iceboat Authority, the Bylaws of the IDNIYRA, the Notice of Race, including any amendments to the NOR,(except as any of these are altered by the sailing instructions) and the Sailing instructions.
- Races shall be sailed under the rules of the National Iceboat Authority and those of the IDNIYRA.
- The regatta is scheduled for 14 races per fleet with up to two throw outs.
- The number of Fleets and fleet size will be determined after registration.
- All courses will be a WINDWARD / LEEWARD Inline course with Darling Marks.
- A diagram of the race course will be posted on the Official Notice Board and a copy for each skipper will be available at registration.
- All races will be 3 Laps.
- All DN class yachts meeting the requirements of the DN official specifications and whose skip-pers meet the requirements of the bylaws of the IDNIYRA as stated in sections IDNIYRA Regattas are eligible to enter and race in the championships.
- All participants shall provide proof of $300,000 personal liability at time of Registration.
- The primary site is in the North American Eastern Region which includes the Eastern Seaboard, Mountain lakes and Canada.
- Site and Headquarters information will be posted on the DN North America website located at: www.na.idniyra.org
REGISTRATION, DEADLINE AND FEE
- Each skipper shall register on: na.idniyra.org or by mailing a completed entry form available on na.idniyra.org, with the appropriate entry fee to: see entry form for registration by regular mail.
- Entry Fee shall be paid in U.S. Dollars.
- The entry fee is $80.00 (USD) if paid by December 31, 2017. The entry fee for a junior skipper (under 25 years of age) is $50.00.
- The entry fee is $120 (USD) if paid on or after January 1, 2018. The entry fee for a junior skipper (under 25 years of age) is $75.00.
- No entry fee will be accepted after the close of registration (refer to schedule of events) When regatta location moves, prior to the first race, registration may be reopened.
- Novice Entries
- Novice DN skippers may enter the Regatta with the payment of two years association dues. No other event registration payments shall apply.
- A sailor shall be classified as a Novice if: that person has never belonged to the IDNIYRA, or their membership has lapsed for 5 or more years. A Novice must comply with all other entry requirements.
- European Entries are not subject to a late fee penalty. European competitors are requested to notify the race chairman that they will be attending.
- Sailing instructions and course diagram to be available to all competitors at time of final registration.
- All skippers may be required to complete a Safety Test as part of registration.
- December 31, 2017: Registration Deadline for early entry fee.
- January 18, 2018, 9:00 pm, CST: Primary site info to be posted on IDNIYRA website
- January 21, 2018, 4:30 pm local time: Opening Ceremony
- January 21, 2018, 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm local time: REGISTRATION Registration location to be listed on the IDNIYRA website.
- January 22, 2018 first race at time stated in sailing instructions.
- January 27, 2018 racing is concluded. PRIZES shall be awarded after the regatta is completed.
- Prizes shall be awarded for first thru Tenth place in each fleet, plus the Top Senior, Top Woman, Top Junior and Top Novice.
REGATTA INFORMATION at: www.na.idniyra.orgREGATTA INFORMATION at: www.na.idniyra.org
Four proposals have been submitted for discussion and vote at the annual meeting of the IDNIYRA which will be held during the week of the North American Championship. Click on the link below to review the proposals. Proposal 1: Change Constitution, Electronic Voting,...read more